|Buddhist meditation or bhavana means "bringing into being" (yogavibes.com)|
|LA Yoga September, 2014|
- Buddhist Meditation The object of Buddhist meditation, however, is none of these things.... (And let one think:) "In safety and in bliss May creatures all be of a blissful heart
- Buddhist Meditation and Depth Psychology Buddhist meditation deals exclusively with the everyday phenomena of... As a clean and empty vessel is filled with pure water I now fill my clean heart and...
- The Progress of Insight: (Visuddhiñana-katha) To present to the reading public a treatise on Buddhist meditation needs no word... Insight Meditation or the translator's book The Heart of Buddhist Meditation.
- Purification of Mind [the Heart]
|The Buddha's aphorisms|
- Yama – code of conduct, self-restraint
- Niyama – daily observances, commitments to practice, such as study and devotion
- Āsana – integration of mind and body through physical (poses, postures) activity
- Prāṇāyāma – regulation of breath leading to integration of mind and body
- Pratyāhāra – abstraction of the senses, withdrawal of the senses of perception from their objects
- Dhāraṇā – concentration, one-pointedness of mind
- Dhyāna – meditation (quiet activity that leads to absorbed samadhi)
- Samādhi – the quiet state of blissful awareness, superconscious states, attained when the yogi constantly sees Paramatma in the (jivaatma) heart.
Opening Night at Awareness Film Festival
Vedic Astrology – October 2014
An eclipse cycle and Mercury moving retrograde affect this month’s energetic patterns. Take out your pen during Mercury retrograde, as one of the gifts of this is facility in writing and editing.… More
B.K.S. Iyengar, Master of Yoga and Beloved Guru Dies at 95
After hearing of the death of beloved yoga guru B.K.S Iyengar, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted, “Generations will remember Shri BKS Iyengar as a fine Guru, scholar & a stalwart who… More
Film Review: Awake-The Life of Yogananda
Counterpoint Films LA Theatrical Release: October 17 Awake: The Life of Yogananda is a feature-length documentary about Swami Paramahansa Yogananda, the iconic Indian saint and teacher known… More
Superfood, Spice, and Everything Nice
“Everything old is new again” is popular, especially when it comes to nutrition and wellness. Every awesome “new” superfood, meditation technique, or healing modality, is something that… More