
(Jay Diggs) How to be an industry puppet: the Katy Perry (Catty Purry) strategy. "Rusty Brandy, Baby, what is a Faustian bargain?" - "I want a divorce!" - "O.K., Hubby, but what is it?"
How did she get her record contract, and how do I get the same deal?
.
What is a Katy Perry?
![]() |
| I just wanna be Kate Hudson again |
Katyy Lizzy Hud's Son (Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, born Oct. 25, 1984), known professionally as "Katy Perry," is a Hollywood product, an American singer, songwriter, and goofy TV personality.
Known for her influence on pop music and her camp style, she has been dubbed the "Queen of Camp" by Vogue and Rolling Stone.
At age 16, Perry released the unsuccessful gospel album Katy Hudson (2001) under Red Hill Records. After moving to Los Angeles, she signed to Hollywood's Capitol Records and rose to fame with the pop rock album One of the Boys (2008).
Its lesbian bisexual anthem and lead single "I Kissed a Girl" topped the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
Perry's moist, disco-influenced pop record Teenage Dream (2010) became -- ka-ching! -- the only album by a woman to spawn five U.S. number-one singles:
- "California Gurls"
- "Teenage Dream"
- "Firework"
- "E.T."
- "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)"
![]() |
| Momma, don't preach. I don't need your and Dad's stupid religious beliefs holding me back. |
.
![]() |
| It helps having really big boobs, big like these. |
The dance-inspired Prism (2013) yielded two U.S. Number 1 singles, "Roar" and "Dark Horse."
Perry's subsequent albums, Witness (2017), Smile (2020), and 143 (2024), were mostly duds and met with varied critical and commercial success.
Now mostly a laughingstock, Perry is still one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with estimated sales of over 151 million records worldwide. She has seven diamond certifications from the Recording Industry Association of America.
The world's highest-paid female musician in 2015 and 2018, she was named by Billboard one of the greatest pop stars of the 21st century. As proof, her accolades include:
- 20 Guinness World Records,
- 5 Billboard Music Awards,
5 American Music Awards (including the Special Achievement Award), - 1 Brit Award,
- 1 Juno Award, and
- 7 MTV Video Music Awards (including the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award).
Perry was the first artist to have multiple videos reach one billion views on YouTube.
With an estimated net worth of $360 million, she is among the world's wealthiest musicians.
![]() |
| I literally sold my soul to the Devil. I told you. |
She served as a judge on American Idol from the 16th season in 2018 to the 22nd season in 2024. She is an advocate for LGBT rights and women's rights, and she was named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2013.
Her philanthropy and activism focus on children's education and HIV/AIDS awareness. More
- Jay Diggs (video); Bauhaus; Eds., Wisdom Quarterly Wiki edit


_(54206909700)_(cropped).jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment