|Turkeys pardoned and freed by White House, sent to live out its years on a no-kill farm.|
|Los Angeles "celebrity vegan" Alicia Silverstone with her vegan son (self.com)|
|Fun group activity: the "Human Tunnel of Love" (Wisdom Quarterly/Roaming Vegans)|
|Go vegan for Planet Earth and animals!|
This giant vegan potluck has been an annual tradition for 25 years with hundreds attending each year.
Come share delicious pure vegan food (free of all animal products). Connect with beautiful people. Enjoy a social outdoor environment with music, live performances, and an open mic. Bring drums, musical instruments, frisbees, balls, hoops, whatever. Children welcome as well as well-behaved dogs on leashes.
FREE PUBLIC EVENT
|Crowd last year at Rancho Park enjoying Thanksgiving foods, desserts (Roaming Vegans)|
|Free the White House turkeys! (Getty)|
- For EACH person attending, bring a vegan (no animal/insect products of any kind -- no honey, dairy butter, white sugar which has bone ash, etc.) ready-to-serve dish to share with at least 8-10 people. For example, if there are two people in your party, bring 16-20 servings to share with others.
|"Vegan" is the kind diet to save our planet.|
Organic, gluten-free, chemical-free, GMO-free foods are encouraged. Cooked and raw vegan foods are welcome.
There is a special space designated for 100% raw food. Raw means free of all pasteurized foods, commercially canned, and most jarred foods).
Please bring a written INGREDIENT LIST alongside each dish to help those with allergies and food sensitivities.
|Earth does not belong to us. We belong to it.|
We start gathering at 11:00 AM on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 22, 2018. We hold a beautiful opening circle at 12:00 noon. Then we begin to feast!
Cheviot Hills Park (a.k.a. Rancho Park) north entrance on Motor Avenue (the first entrance south of Pico Blvd.) When you enter the park, drive past parking area on the left. Instead, follow the road to the next parking area a few hundred feet further. Walk to the picnic tables across the grass next to the baseball field.
"VEG" signs are posted to point the way. (Avoid the other picnic area at the far end close to the parking lot).
- MAP: goo.gl/maps/UnMWc
- Plan your trip: socaltransport.org/
- The closest holiday bus stop is at Pico Blvd./Motor Ave. on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus, Route 7. Santa Monica Big Blue Bus: bigbluebus.com
- Los Angeles Metro: metro.net
- Culver City Bus: culvercity.org/enjoy/culver-city-bus
- All are welcome and encouraged to help coordinate the Vegan Picnic on Thanksgiving Day in Rancho Park. To participate in planning, send an email to: email@example.com.
- Vegan things to do in LA, Nov. 16-18 (VegOutLA.com)
- Vegan Thanksgiving celebrations (facebook.com/events)
|Dharma Meditation Initiative - Nature Center - PasaDharma - UCLA (MARC)|