Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The return of "Dukkha Girl" (video)

Ellie Askew's Complaint to the Universe, Dhr. Seven, Ashley Wells (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly
Perplexity (2010) used to be "Dukkha Girl," but until she comes back, we have a new one.
You know what really "grinds my gears," to borrow Peter Griffin phrase? Being hungry all the time! Every time I meditate, I have to be thinking of food and how fat and famished and exhausted it's making me. I eat, but I still crave. I eat and eat more, mad gluttony. I still crave. I'm not fat yet, but I worry. And when I worry...you guessed it. I want to fast, I want to starve, I want to become a breatharian or, at least, juice everything to stop craving tempting tastes and textures. But if I did, I might get hungry. Then I'd obsess and eat. Who/what might I forgive? Myself?

May I be well, may I be happy, may I be free, may I look after myself with joy and ease. May ALL living beings (who eat) be well, happy, free, and look after themselves with joy and ease.

No comments: