Dr. Kurt Behrendt has his Ph.D. from the UCLA.
Prior to joining the curatorial staff of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, he taught at Temple Univ. in Philadelphia, PA.
He has written numerous articles on Buddhist art in India and Tibet and on the practice of pilgrimage, including studies of relics and narrative art.
He has also three books on the art, archaeology, and religious practices of Gandhara in northern India.
- WHAT: "Art of Gandhara: Indo-Mediterranean Trade and New Buddhist Imagery"
- WHEN: 7:30 PM, Wednesday, Feb. 16 2011
- WHERE: Wilson Hall Theatre
- WHAT: "India and Tibet: Cultural Interactions and the Spread of Buddhism"
- WHEN: 12:45 PM, Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011,
- WHERE: Wilson Hall 168