- wide learning (suta-mayā-paññā)
- discussion (of what is learned)
|Knowing-and-seeing (Sharon Cummings)|
“Liberation by wisdom” (paññā-vimutti) is the liberating-insight (release) pertaining to the fourth fruition, namely, arhatship.
An arhat may be said to be an accomplished disciple or savaka-buddha ("enlightened hearer"), one who has gained full enlightenment (as distinguished from pacceka-buddhas and sammasambodhi-buddhas).
This fivefold help to right view is compared to the growing of a mango tree in the ancient Commentary (the Anguttara Atthakatha) to this text:
- Right view is like the mango seed.
- The other supporting factors are like measures taken to ensure the growth of the tree.
- And the two liberations are like the fruits.