"Kids for Cash" examines the notorious true story of judicial scandal that has recently rocked the nation. Beyond the millions of dollars paid to corrupt judges to jail kids by private for-profit prisons, it exposes a shocking American secret. In the wake of the shootings at Columbine, a small town celebrates a law-and-order judge who is hell-bent on keeping kids "in line." Then one parent dares to question the real motives behind his brand of "justice." This real-life story reveals the untold stories of the masterminds at the center of the scandal to fill up for-profit prisons with any children available, guilty or not, and the chilling aftermath of lives destroyed in the process. It is a stunning emotional roller coaster.
|Prisons for Profit (WQ)|
|Ruining lives the racist way: a young inmate of color walks through yard at the North Central Correctional Institution in Marion, Ohio, which recently switched to private for-pro management (Ty Wright/Bloomberg via Getty Images).|
|Int'l Women's Day, L.A. (WQ)|
- LA Sheriff's Department searching for missing inmate
- VIDEO: "Veronica Mars" cast reunion kicks off TV's PaleyFest with pornstar Kristen Bell
- Is California safer 3 years after San Bruno explosion?
- VIDEO: Learn to meditate with Dhr. Suvannavira
- Texas cop arrested for allegedly raping a woman... A Dallas police officer was arrested for... [facing] a sentence of two to 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Dallas cop accused of raping woman after traffic stop
- Bringing an end to State-sanctioned sexual assault, rape culture... The San Diego police department's scandal involving officers... an eight year sentence for molesting female drivers during traffic stops...
- Deputy Willie Greer accused of raping woman at traffic stop
- Officer raped woman while on duty (LA Times)