|I don't know what I'm doing wrong in relationship after relationship, searching for...|
|Starts off fun, gets to be too much.|
|Brian the clingy bachelor (Family Guy)|
- sensual clinging (kāma-upādāna),
- clinging to views (ditthi-upādāna),
- clinging to mere rules and rituals (sīlabbata-upādāna),
- clinging to personality-belief (atta-vāda-upādāna).
|Owner of a lonely heart? Try clinging to sensuality. It will disappoint, but what else are you going to do to overcome the empty feeling in your core and the body's cravings? Invest?|
(2) ''What is the clinging to views? 'Alms and offerings are useless; there is no fruit or result for good and bad deeds: all such views and wrong opinions are called the clinging to views.
- [NOTE: the way to enlightenment and nirvana is liberating-insight, made possible by the Noble Eightfold Path, not mere observance of ceremonies, celebrations, superstitions, magic, abstinences, or austerities, which may aid one along the way but cannot possibly in and of themselves bring about enlightenment.]
|Not going to get all clingy, are you? - I'm not even going to call you tomorrow. - Good.|
|Heart Sutra: immaculate heart free of clinging|