|Want spectacle and ceremony? Ask a German leader like this popular figure in Nuremberg.|
|The Catholic Church could learn something from Pope Benedict (the German Ratzinger) as he's still lurking behind the scenes to "advise" friendly Argentinian Pope Francis (Reuters.com)|
|The Creation of Adam [by the Flying Spaghetti Monster God] (Arne Niklas Jansson)|
|Flying Spaghetti Monster God and Bruder|
|"Atheist" (Eli Christman/Gammaman)|
But these are the kinds of news tidbits that rub Rüdiger Weida the wrong way. He is convinced that religion holds a privileged place in German society and that non-believers lack the same civil rights.
|I don't approve! (Nazi pope)|
|It's the end of religion as we know it! And what about that forgotten plague? (PBS SoCaL)|
|I blame you Nazis! (Stalin)|
|Hitler Youth, 1930s (somethingawful.com)|
|Just what we need, another hypocrite|
- CARTOON ("Family Guy"): Peter's religion of the Fonz
- Although adherents may describe Pastafarianism as a genuine faith, it is generally seen by the media as a parody religion. It is making a point about religion and religious oppression.
- VIDEO: Worship "Star Wars," parody religion with Jediism (Daily Mail)
- Duddhism is the world's best religion (for Dudes into "The Big Lebowski")
- What would Cambridge physicist Stephen Hawking say?
- VIDEO: Racism in the USA? "American Denial" (PBS)
- Space aliens visited Africa: Mystery Religion of the Dogon