|Think. What is a ninja but an stealthy expert of Asian secret knowledge.|
|Meditation in glass pyramid where no one can bother (Tierney Gearon/lightbox.time.com)|
|This year, rise above it (AB).|
(dosa, harm, anger, fear, annoyance, aversion)
|What a cute kitty cat when you smile!|
Cultivate the meditation on compassion (karuna)! For by cultivating the meditation on compassion, cruelty disappears.
Cultivate the meditation on joy in others' happiness (mudita)! For by cultivating the meditation on joy in others' happiness, listlessness (lack of energy for striving) disappears.
|If only there were a happy app.|
- Learning how to meditate on loving-kindness;
- Devoting oneself to the meditation of loving-kindness;
- Considering that one is the owner and heir of one's actions (karma);
- Frequent reflection on it (in this way): Thus one should consider: "Being angry with another person, what can you do to that person? Can you destroy that person's virtue and other good qualities? Have you not come to your present state by your own actions, and will you not also go according to your own actions? Anger towards another is just as if someone wishing to hit another person were to take hold of hot glowing coals, or a red hot iron-rod, or of filthy excrement. In the same way, if the other person is angry with you, what can that person do to you? Can that person destroy your virtue and other good qualities? That person, too, has come to this present state by that person's own actions and will go according to such actions. Like an unaccepted gift or like a handful of dirt thrown against the wind, one's anger will fall back on one's own head."
- Noble friendship;
- Suitable conversation (Commentary to the discourse on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness, Satipatthana Sutra).
- Rapture/bliss, one of the Factors of Absorption (jhana-anga);
- Confidence/faith, one of the spiritual faculties (indriya);
- Rapture and equanimity, tow of the Seven Factors of Enlightenment (bojjhanga).
|Boil, boil, with toil and trouble.|