|"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X|
|Black Youth-Organized Millions March NYC Draws Tens of Thousands in Movement’s Biggest Protest Yet|
|I have a dream: equality for all.|
|M&M: united we stand!|
- VIDEO: "These are crimes" - so will CIA be charged?
- CIA with key parts redacted. The report concludes that the intelligence agency failed to disrupt a single plot despite torturing al-Qaeda and other captives in secret prisons worldwide between 2002 and 2006, and details a list of torture methods used on prisoners, including waterboarding [a mock execution simulating drowning], sexual threats [of sodomy with] broomsticks, and "rectal feeding."
- California protesters calm, peaceful [before weekend storm]
- Facebook ponders "dislike" function
- UK flights hit by computer failure
- Bishops call for end to fossil fuels
- FBI probe into black teenager's death
- Top 10 physics breakthroughs listed
- How Dewani prosecution fell apart
- Ugandan maid admits toddler torture
- China commemorates Nanjing massacre
- Canada closes embassy in Cairo
- Thai crown prince's wife quits
- Millionaire's cabin rediscovered
- Second night of violent US protests
- Uber cabs ban after New Delhi rape
- "We are like the walking dead": Latin...
- Putting people before profit: Thousands march...
- U.N. Climate Deal for Nonbinding Emissions Cuts Lays Basis for Paris Talks Next Year
- Families of Slain African Americans Lead "Justice for All" Rally in D.C.
- Tens of Thousands Join "Millions March" NYC Protest
- Dozens Arrested in Boston, Oakland Protests
- Senate OKs $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill Averting Shutdown
- Sen. Warren Blasts Citibank for Authoring Repeal of Dodd-Drank Rule
- Obama to Sign Controversial Spending Bill After Backing Passage
- Anti-Immigration Push by Senate GOP Opens Path to Confirming Stalled Nominations
- Cheney on CIA Torture: "I’d Do It Again in a Minute"
- Torture Memo Author: Abuses May Have Violated Law, But Weren’t Authorized
- Senator to Unveil Anti-Torture Measure After CIA Director Says Future Abuses Possible