|I'm the "pope" and former king of Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism, Vajrayana (seattlepi.com).|
|Tibetan pope (phayul.com)|
|Nuremberg-style Catholic rallies (Getty)|
- There are more Catholics in China than members of the Communist Party (about 100 million Catholics to 87.6 million party members).
- [The tyrannical Chinese dictatorship loves the idea of Roman Catholic control, much as Adolf Hitler loved his Catholic upbringing and visions of worldwide rulership, Vatican style.]
- Analysts say that by 2030 there may be more Catholics in China than any other country in the world.
- Christianity in China goes back to [as early as] the 7th Century -- but many have been forced to practice in underground, illegal churches.
- There are many restrictions for the official Church [in China], such as the requirement to register all church buildings with the government and being unable to recognize the authority of the Vatican.