- AUDIO: PLAY NOW
- Post Traumatic Slave SyndromeDec. 8, 2014, 10:00 am
- Download clip (MP3, 10.27 MB)
- About the Show (Archives)
|Prof. Joy DeGruy, Ph.D. (joydegruy.com) teaching at Fullerton College, OC (WQ)|
WHAT IS PTSS?
|Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome (joydegruy.com)|
- M: multi-generational trauma together with continued oppression;
- A: absence of opportunity to heal or access the benefits available in a society, which leads to
- P: Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome.
|Frederic Cesbron (right) and Maxim Durand walk on the street outside the Hyatt Regency O'Hare hotel on Dec. 7, 2014, in Rosemont, Illinois. Thousands of people were evacuated after a chlorine gas leak at the hotel hosting the 2014 Midwest FurFest convention, where attendees dress as animals to celebrate art, literature, and performance, in suburban Rosemont early Sunday morning. Investigators believe the leak at the hotel in Rosemont was caused intentionally and are treating it as a criminal matter (AP).|