No crime is too small to pick at, even if the real motive for enforcing it is something altogether different. Selling milk in its natural state? SWAT operation. Collecting cans to make ends meet in a flawed economy intent on seeing more and more Americans destitute? Prison time. Crime, protesting, volunteering? Police will not stand for it.
Military "service" (to ensure corporate free trade worldwide), TSA, riot policing (to ensure domestic docility), night watchperson guarding -- if you can find an opening. Has the USA become a police state already?
- VIDEO: London police deployed ahead of carnival
- Street fighting rages in Tripoli after Gaddafi
- Mass. State Police shutdown 12-year-old’s green tea stand
- Children sexually abused on Pakistan's streets
- Republicans cut taxes for wealthy, raise everyone elses?
- 3 girls busted for illegal lemonade standJuly 15, 2011 – Three girls trying to raise money to go to a waterpark thought that a lemonade stand would do the trick. But then they met the long arm of the...
- June 18, 2011 – Kids say the ordeal has taught them an important lesson.
- Girl with "illegal" lemonade stand earns $1,838Aug 10, 2010 – Ore. Girl, 7, Nearly Fined For Not Having a Food Permit; Makes Enough to Take Mother to Disneyland.
- Aug. 21, 2011 – Selling lemonade is not a crime, but selling it on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol is, which is why, police say, three people were arrested Saturday...