"Police are not my friends."
Why are you participating in tomorrow's campus strike and teach out?
"We want student loan gouging to stop, bank greed, police abuse, endless war, fee increases, cut courses... There are so many issues that anyone not participating has to be questioned for apathy or ignorance."
There is a lot of controversy at UC Berkeley after two videos surfaced showing law enforcement officers dragging two "Occupy Cal" demonstrators by their hair. The images triggered outrage among the faculty at Cal. Officers forcefully yanked people from their huddle, eventually forcing them to the ground. At one point in the video, an officer is shown pulling Prof. Celeste Langan by her hair and then arresting her. More
Sharon Salzberg (adapted from The Force of Kindness, Sounds True, care2.com)
Interfaith Community, which has joined occupations, is being arrested.
- Police to conduct review after "Occupy Cal" arrests
- CHP officer shot near Sac; police execute suspect
- Police (LAPD) shoots man in downtown
- VIDEO: Raided Oakland demonstrators chant
- Occupy Yale, the Ivy League, and New Haven
- Student loans add to angst at Occupy Wall Street
- Brilliant students seek jobs beyond Wall Street
- VIDEO: fully armed SWAT used to evict Occupy Philly
- Police investigate officer involved shooting
- Police shoot, kill armed man in Green Bay
- Story, photos: Police shoot, kill man outside tavern
- Elkridge man dies after police shoot him 8 times
- Report: Hoboken man almost gets shot over bottle of beer
- Campus police shoot man at Elizabeth City State Univ.
- Police shoot man carrying assault rifle on N.C. campus