Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why Chris Hedges is suing Pres. Obama

Countries invaded by the MIC (military-industrial complex) soon become part of the growing "prison-industrial complex," and that includes the US homeland itself (AP/Dusan Vranic).

Why I'm suing Barack Obama

Chris Hedges (truthdig.com)
Attorneys Carl J. Mayer and Bruce I. Afran filed a complaint Friday in the Southern U.S. District Court in New York City on my behalf as a plaintiff against Barack Obama and Secretary of Defense [former CIA Chief and current US Warlord] Leon Panetta.

[This is] to challenge the legality of the Authorization for Use of Military Force as embedded in the latest version of the National Defense Authorization Act [NDAA], signed by the president Dec. 31....

I spent many years in countries where the military had the power to arrest and detain citizens without charge. I have been in some of these jails. I have friends and colleagues who have “disappeared” into military gulags. I know the consequences of granting sweeping and unrestricted policing power to the armed forces of any nation.
Link

No comments: