- mindfulness (Mahā-Satipaṭṭhāna Sutra);
- cultivating virtue, serene concentration (mental coherence), wisdom (Subha Sutra);
- Dependent Origination (Mahānidrāna Sutra);
- the roots and causes of wrong views (Brahmajāla Sutra);
- and a long description of the Buddha’s last days and final passing into nirvana (Mahāparinibbāna Sutra);
- along with a wealth of practical advice and insight for all those traveling along the spiritual path.
Introduced with a vivid account of the Buddha’s life and times and a short survey of his teachings, The Long Discourses of the Buddha brings us closer in every way to the wise and compassionate presence of Shakyamuni (the “Sage of the Shakyas”), Siddhartha Gautama, the historical Buddha and his path of truth.