Hailing from the tiny Venezuelan village called El Clavo -- where their music ignites parties in the town square -- these masterful performers invite audiences to discover, indulge, and celebrate the contagious beats of Afro-Venezuelan soul. Arrive early to participate in a dance and drum workshop led by the ensemble!
- FREE: Betsayda Machado y La Parranda El Clavo
- Thursday, August 31, 8:00 pm
- (Doors at 6:30 pm; dance/drum workshop at 7:00 pm)
- Download a map
- Know before you go! Maximize your Sunset Concerts experience by review in these frequently asked questions before you arrive.
- Parking: $10 per car (cash only); street parking strictly prohibited. Concertgoers must show a parking stub in order to enter the concert. Please remember to bring the stub with you after you park. Carpooling is encouraged
- Public transportation: Take Metro Rapid 734.
- Rideshare and taxi drop-off: For your safety, please request to be dropped off outside the main entrance. A Skirball staff member will then provide you with a wristband for admission.
- Note: No outside alcoholic beverages, glass containers, glassware, or chairs permitted. Be sure to dress warmly as the courtyard can become chilly in the evenings.