Thursday, February 20, 2020

Lust to love, it was the last thing... (video)

GoGosUnsealed; Ashley Well, CC Liu, Seth Auberon, Ellie Askew, Wisdom Quarterly
C'mon, let's just do it, Baby. - You don't even love me! You don't even care. - Not this again.

(GoGosUnsealed) The Go-Go's "Lust to Love" (from Beauty & the Beat, by C. Caffey/J. Wiedlin).

It hurt my heart in this area around here.
I used to believe in romantic love. Then came you. Are you happy? Of course you're not! Am I? No, me neither. That's the way it is with selfish love. Ask Nazareth. But just as there is metta (altruistic loving-friendliness), there must be love tainted with craving (sensual desire).

It's nobody's fault. Things are just the way they are.
On account of persistent craving, there's grasping, and repeatedly grasping is clinging. Because things are impermanent, always fickle and changeable, what we cling to will result in our suffering. When?

When we meet with alteration. And that's very soon. Why? It's because we want for things to be otherwise. We will not see what is, accept what is, or deal with what is. If we did we'd move toward the end of suffering or what Buddhism calls the cool bliss of nirvana.

But who cares? I'm hot right now. I love you, and I want you! And more than anything I want for you, and me, and this emotion, and this situation never to change. Will I get my wish? Not a chance.

Why? Why does it have to be this way? Why!
LYRICS: "It used to be fun was in, the catch and release capture and kill. In another place and time, I did it all for thrills. Love me, and I'll leave you. I told you at the start. I had no idea that you would tear my world apart. And you're the one to blame. I used to know my name. But I've lost control of the game because, even though I set the rules, you've got me acting like a fool. When I see you I lose my cool. Lust to love was the last thing I was dreaming of. And now all I want is just to love. Lust turned to love. That was when the fun was in, the capture and the..." Ouch.
  • Get a job. Work for the census (2020census.gov)
  • Are you a HENRY ("High Earner Not Rich Yet")?

No comments: