|Vipassana is systematic clear seeing for gaining liberating-insight into the Truth.|
|Prajna Paramita, East Java|
He is an accomplished Burmese scholar-practitioner with perfect confidence in the Buddha and the Theravada Buddhist Path leading directly to enlightenment and nirvana.
- Four Elements meditation (the qualities of matter, space and consciousness being the fifth and sixth elements or dhatus taught by the Buddha; see the book);
- Serenity meditation (Samatha as samma-samadhi, the first four meditative absorptions or jhanas taught by the Buddha but dismissed as distractions by many Goenka fans);
- Analysis of mentality and materiality (nāma-rūpa, where "mind" is a stream of cittas and cetasikas, mind-moments and mental-concomittants);
- Dependent Origination in actual, verifiable practice rather than theory (paticca-samuppāda kammatthana); ad
- Insight meditation (what vipassanā when most meditators do not establish sufficient right-concentration to purify direct vision of reality).
|This body is composed of kalapas (particles)|
Thanks to Joanna Semeniuk for uploading the files in the Netherlands and to Simone Vromen for carrying the originals on DVD all the way from Burma.