"The Catholic church should be a healthy and vibrant place with equality, with both men and women called to the priesthood. Jesus did not exclude women. Jesus encouraged women and actively sought to include them," said Miriam Duignan, Communications Coordinator of the association Women Can Be Priests. "So why do the cardinals, who are supposed to represent Jesus, make a point of actively excluding women, of telling them to be quiet? And of criminalizing anybody [who] speaks out in favor of women priests?"
The Women's Ordination Conference has campaigned for female Catholic priests for over 30 years. But there is little sign among the frontrunners for pope that the issue will become a priority.
- Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests (Facebook)
- Women in the Vatican's shadow
- Roman Catholic Women Priests
- Women's Ordination Conference
- Ordain Women Now (Facebook)
- Shocking Pink Protest (Jane Dough)
- LDS Mormons need female priests
- L.A. Catholics to pay record amount for molestations
|Mass in St. Peter's (Romano Observatore)|
(April Nevin) Freedom of religion in American? Catholic, Christian, or kind of a Buddhist
(Omega Man) Petrus Romanus: "The Final Pope is Here" (Part 1). Antichrist is on his way.
|Goodbye, cruel world! (usatoday.com)|