|Theravada monks with Pope Francis as he visits Buddhist temple in Sri Lanka (jcourt.net).|
|Pope on sticks and stones: What did you call my mother? Bam! (Steviet7867.deviantart.com)|
You'd better not insult my mother [or I will punch your face]
|Pope Francis sits next to Hindu leader Ndu-Kurukkal Siva Sri T. Mahadeva during the Interreligious Encounter in Colombo, Sri Lanka on Jan. 13, 2015 (Stefano Rellandini/Reuters).|
|He said "Yo mama," and I punched him.|
|Not a "good" Catholic but Catholic: Hitler|
|Buddhist monks welcome Pope Francis (JC)|
|Pope Francis releases dove while he visited a shrine in Madhu. He said there must be "reparation" for the "evil" Sri Lanka has suffered during its 26-year-long civil war (AFP/BBC).|
|Buddhist "elder" (thera), Pope Francis (center), Hindu swami bow heads as the Argentinian pontiff met leaders from many religious groups on Tuesday in Sri Lanka (Reuters/BBC).|
|Soft dictator "King" Rajapaksa's coup failed.|
|Bravo, bravo to some acts of violence. And let's make the ETs Catholic! (thewire.com)|
|Catholic view: St. Michael (freerepublic.com)|
The Nazi Pope, the traitorous and hated retired Pope Benedict, was bad enough writing in his memoirs how he and his brother were members of the Hitler Youth, which much embarrassed the corporation's officials within the Vatican who then went on to lie in trying to deny it. But there it is in writing and widely published.
(He did not say if they arrive because he surely knows they are already here and have been for a long time, and the Church will eventually make the announcement because no one believes governments -- like England and Canada -- that disclose their official secret UFO files).
|Pope in Asia: This is how I'd punch him if he called my mother a name (BBC video).|
If this pope is not an idiot, which he probably is NOT, is he a hypocrite? Case in point: He goes to Buddhist Sri Lanka, with its own Buddhist "fundamentalist" hypocrites, to preach "truth and reconciliation" to the Buddhists and Hindus after a long civil war and to canonize the island's first "saint" -- then he ends up criticizing the Charlie Hebdo attackers AND in the same breath stating he would punch someone in the face for calling his mother a name.
On other occasions he, or his PR firm, say he has been misquoted or his words mistranslated. What will they say for him this time? [Today on The BBC Newshour (Jan. 15, 2015 podcast) and The World the rationalizing/PR damage control began by saying something to the effect of those Latins, unlike we Anglo-Saxons, have a frisky way of speaking, not literal like us.]
Q: So not an idiot and not a great Catholic...a hypocrite then? A: Possibly. But a goodhearted one! Q: And why are so many of the right wing maniacs at FOX News Roman Catholic? A: Maybe they're trying to prove their mettle to FOX's largely white Evangelical Christian fundamentalist-leaning viewers. Q: Yeah, then, why not be fundamentalists?
A: That's hard to say for sure, but even if Puritans burned witches in Salem, they still didn't do half of what Catholics have done and still do in the name of religion -- wars, misogyny, torture, Crusades, Inquisitions, helping Hitler, anti-Semitism, fascism, corporate theocracy, hypocrisy, continuing the countless crimes of the "Holy" Roman Empire. Joining FOX News just seems like a nature offshoot of that behavior. Ask Garrison Keillor (see below). Sure there's angry Bill O'Reilly to be embarrassed about, but what about FOX's rabid Roman Catholic Judge Jeanine Pirro? All those Sunday masses and all that plastic surgery just to spew such venom? Fear mongering about a "reverse-Crusade" coming back to bite us:
|FOX News' Roman Catholic Pirro: "We need to kill them. We need to KILL them...You're in danger, I'm in danger. We're at war...Our job is to arm those Muslims to the teeth" (FOX).|
|Entrance to Buddha Dambulla Cave, Sri Lanka (Richard Silver/rjsnyc/flickr.com)|
|Sri Lanka was once an idyllic place, enchanted and full of serendipity, but was ruined by war.|
|Sri Lankan novelist Nayomi Munaweera helps expose fundamentalists (nytimes.com).|
|Stupa decorating (sundaytimes.lk)|
- Pope in Sri Lanka: Huge crowds for Colombo, Sri Lanka mass (BBC News) Huge crowds have watched Pope Francis celebrate Mass in Sri Lanka, at which he canonized the nation's first Catholic "saint." The pontiff urged people [some having from neighboring India to see him]...
- Pope Francis urges the "pursuit of truth" in Sri Lanka (BBC.com) Pope Francis has called for the "pursuit of truth" in Sri Lanka as he visits a country still grappling with the legacy of a long civil war. Crowds and...
- Pope Francis cancels meeting with bishops in Sri Lanka due to... (DailyMail.co.uk) Pope Francis was forced to cancel a planned meeting with [Catholic] Sri Lankan bishops -- because he was "exhausted" [or more likely had traveler's stomach] after a long journey exposed to...
- Pope Francis seeks "reconciliation" in Sri Lanka (Time.com) Pope Francis holds his weekly audience in St. Peter's Square on Oct. 15, 2014 in Vatican City...
- POPE WATCH: Sri Lanka's first [Catholic] saint has an Indian connection... (ABCnews.go.com) ...Muslim party welcomes Pope's Sri Lanka visit. ...[He] is on the second day of a weeklong visit to Sri Lanka and the Philippines.
- In Sri Lanka, hoping for a touch from Pope Francis (ABC News) ...They came to hear him, to see him. They came from mansions in [the wealthier capital of] Colombo, from concrete apartment buildings in Kandy [where the Buddha's sacred tooth used to be kept], from little villages in...
- Pope heading to Philippines, where adoring crowds await (ABC News) ...Pope Francis departed Sri Lanka [today] Thursday for the Philippines, Asia's most populous Catholic nation, where ecstatic crowds await the first papal...
- Anti-Pope Francis EXPOSED (mostholyfamilymonastery.com) The truth about what really happened to the Catholic Church
|Newly minted "St. Vaz" of Sri Lanka holds disfigured crucifix of Catholic God (AP).|
|Get me Vaz, I need Vaz before I visit.|
- Born in Portuguese colony of Goa in 1651, arrived in Sri Lanka in 1687
- Jailed multiple times by Dutch authorities for helping Catholics, dressed as a beggar to hide himself
- Produced prayer books in Sinhalese and Tamil
- By his death in 1711 he had earned himself the title Apostle of Sri Lanka
|Pagan glory in Catholic hands.|
|We rule Europe and the world like royalty!|
- Sri Lanka statistics: +70% Buddhist, 12% Hindu, 9% Muslim, 7% Christian/Roman Catholic, less than 1% aboriginal.
- VIDEO: Police say woman admitted to vandalizing Buddha statue at Santa Ana temple (right wing OC Register)
"Having been called names, one looks back at one's own angry outbursts over the years, and I recall having once referred to Republicans as 'hairy-backed swamp developers, fundamentalist bullies, freelance racists, hobby cops, sweatshop tycoons, line jumpers, marsupial moms and aluminum-siding salesmen, misanthropic frat boys, ninja dittoheads, shrieking midgets, tax cheats, cheese merchants, cat stranglers, pill pushers, nihilists in golf pants, backed-up Baptists, the grand pooh-bahs of Percodan, mouth breathers, testosterone junkies, and [Nazi] brownshirts in pinstripes.'
- Pursuing the Impossible, Coming Out on Top
- I Owe It All to Community College (Op Ed)
- Why a Generation of Adoptees is Returning to South Korea
- Why [capitalism's toxic, for profit, allopathic] drugs cost so much