|Think. There are hindrances to meditation. Overcome them and be a ninja.|
|"Most of the things you worry about never happen!" (halfwaybetweenthegutter)|
|"This year, rise above it"! (AB)|
4. Restlessness and Remorse
A. Nourishing of Restlessness and Remorse
- knowledge of the Buddhist texts (sutras, scriptures, the Doctrine and Discipline);
- asking questions about them;
- familiarity with the Code of Monastic Discipline (Vinaya) for monastics and intensive practitioners, and for lay followers the principles of virtue (sila, as detailed in the Sigalovada Sutra);
- association with those mature in experience, who possess meditative serenity, restraint, and calm;
- noble friendship (wise association with a kalyana-mitta);
- suitable conversation.
- rapture (piti, bliss), one of the Five Factors of Absorption (jhana-anga);
- concentration, one of the Five Spiritual Faculties (indriya);
- Tranquillity, concentration, and equanimity, three of the Seven Factors of Enlightenment (bojjhanga).
|Waves atop Morningstar Beach, Mars (C2C)|
|Sometimes restlessness overwhelms me.|