Friday, January 30, 2015

"GREED is good"? (Family Guy cartoon)

Seth Auberon, Pat Macpherson, CC Liu, Wisdom Quarterly; Natural Born Republican Oliver Stone, Hollywood Liberal Michael Douglas; IMDB.com; Stewie and Brian (Family Guy/FOX TV)
WARNING: Extreme, graphic, animated, gratuitous loan-repayment violence! Rated NC-17!
It says so right on the new American dollar, the trusty greenback, "In Greed We Trust"
.
Gold dust day gecko (wiki)
In Oliver Stone's "Wall Street," the lead Reptilian (Naga), Gordon Gekko, explains:

"The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work. [The other] two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do -- stock and real estate speculation. It's b-llsh-t.

Violent US football, greed, gambling, drinking
"You got 90% of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip -- we pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you, buddy?

It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around, pal, I've still got a lot to teach you...." "If you need a friend, get a dog.

Titan (asura) dragon Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Bud Fox: "Sun-Tzu: If your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight. And if not, split and reevaluate."
 
Carl Fox: "Money's only something you need in case you don't die tomorrow..."
 
Gordon Gekko: The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.
 
Carl Fox: "Stop going for the easy buck, and start producing something with your life. Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others."
  
Lou Mannheim: "Man looks in the abyss; there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss." "The main thing about money, Bud, is that it makes you do things you don't want to do.
 
Stealing on an industrial scale: Wall Street, NY, home of the brutal U.S. brand of capitalism.
.
Wake up before you're "poor"!
Gordon Gekko: [At the Teldar Paper stockholder's meeting] "Well, I appreciate the opportunity you're giving me, Mr. Cromwell, as the single largest shareholder in Teldar Paper, to speak. Well, ladies and gentlemen, we're not here to indulge in fantasy but in political and economic reality. America, America has become a second-rate power. Its trade deficit and its fiscal deficit are at nightmare proportions. Now, in the days of the free market, when our country was a top industrial power, there was accountability to the stockholder. 

Destroy us, but who cares? As long as I'm rich.
"The Carnegies, the Mellons, the men that built this great industrial empire, made sure of it because it was their money at stake. Today, management has no stake in the company! All together, these men sitting up here own less than three percent of the company. And where does Mr. Cromwell put his million-dollar salary? Not in Teldar stock; he owns less than one percent. You own the company. That's right, you, the stockholder. And you are all being royally screwed over by these, these bureaucrats, with their luncheons, their hunting and fishing trips, their corporate jets and golden parachutes."

Why feed the needy when you can feed the greedy? "End corporate welfare and maybe we can get people off welfare." Disaster capitalism means getting rich from public coffers.
  
Cromwell: "This is an outrage! You're out of line, Gekko!"

If too much is not enough, maybe more?
Gordon Gekko: Teldar Paper, Mr. Cromwell, Teldar Paper has 33 different vice presidents each earning over $200,000.00 a year. Now, I have spent the last two months analyzing what all these guys do, and I still can't figure it out. One thing I do know is that our paper company lost $110,000,000.00 last year, and I'll bet that half of that was spent in all the paperwork going back and forth between all these vice presidents. The new law of evolution in corporate America seems to be survival of the unfittest. Well, in my book you either do it right or you get eliminated. In the last seven deals that I've been involved with, there were 2.5 million stockholders who have made a pretax profit of 12 billion dollars. Thank you. I am not a destroyer of companies. I am a liberator of them! The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.

In Benjamin I trust. It's all about the Bens!
"Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you very much."
.
Stop runaway capitalism. End the climate crisis that's killing our planet! #FloodWallStreet
.
"Fox, where the hell are you? I am losing MILLIONS! You got me into this airline, and you sure as hell better get me out or the only job you'll ever have on the Street is SWEEPING it! You hear me, Fox?"
 
Bud Fox: "You once told me, don't get emotional about stock. Don't! The bid is 16.5 and going down. As your broker, I advise you to take it."
 
Gordon Gekko: "Yeah. Well you TAKE IT! [shouting] right in the -ss, you f--king sc-mb-g c-cks-ck-r!"
 
Bud Fox: "It's two minutes to closing, Gordon. What do you want to do? Decide."
 
Gordon Gekko: [calming down] "Dump it." [Later, meeting alone together in Central Park] "Hiya, Buddy."
 
Bud Fox: [Nods as the both walk up to face one another] "Gordon."
 
Occupy Wall Street, Charlie Brown!
Gordon Gekko: [With a smirk on his face] "Sand bagged me on Bluestar, huh? I guess you think you taught the teacher a lesson that the tail can wag the dog, huh? Well, let me clue you in, pal. The ice is melting right underneath your feet." [Punches Bud and grabs him by the coattails] "Did you think you could've gotten this far this fast with anyone else, huh? That you'd be out there d-cking someone like Darien? No.

"I am the 1%." What are you?
"You'd still be cold-calling widows and dentists trying to sell them 20 shares of some dog sh-t stock. I took you in [hits him again] a NOBODY! [hits him again] I opened the doors for you! Showed you how the system works! The value of information! How to get it! Fulham Oil! Brant Resources! Geodynamics! And this is how you f-cking pay me back, you COCKROACH? [He hits him once again and Bud falls to the ground]. I GAVE you Darien. I GAVE you your manhood. I gave you EVERYTHING!"

Where's my money?
[He calms down then takes out his handkerchief and throws it to Bud to clean off the blood the way Stewie once threw a towel at Brian after beating and torturing him -- in the video above -- over a late loan payment saying, "Here, clean yourself off."]
 
Gordon Gekko: "You could've been one of the great ones, Buddy. I looked at you and saw myself. Why?"

(Showtime) Formerly Republican Oliver Stone goes good:  "Untold History of the United States," Episode 3, The Bomb

http://www.occupy.com/donate

Scarcity? Here's my share. Don't touch it or I'll kill you! What did you get for yourself?

No comments: