|I'll kill ya...for pointing that at me|
|Tea Party Republican Libertarian Na...|
will a political career end in a senseless act of meaningful legislation.
|Guns don't kill people; bullets kill people.|
My government killing me
Democide is a term revived and redefined by the political scientist R.J. Rummel as the murder of people by their government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder." He created the term as an extended concept to include forms of government-murder that are not covered by the term "genocide," and it has become accepted among other scholars in spite of the fact that the term democide was defined and used in English more than 40 years earlier by Theodore Abel. In the 20th century democide surpassed war as the leading cause of non-natural death... More
Guns: Are we pro or con?
Wisdom Quarterly (EDITORIAL)
|Like Budai, let's throw away the AKs (CC)|
Killing is unskillful, unwholesome karma. And what excuses we make for this intentional action will do little to alter the bitter fruit of our deeds. Many are willing to kill -- whether motivated by fear, greed, delusion, or hatred. Because that is the subtle underlying motivation, the harm is there. Rationalizations that it is "self" defense or patriotism or attacking one group to defend another group does not change the personally verifiable fact that when it is being done, one of these for motivations is at work.
Nothing good will come of it when that karma ripens. Yet, there are many people willing to shoot and kill for pay, for pleasure, for peer pressure, or simply not knowing and not understanding karma.
We stand for life and for the right of living beings to live oppression-free. Guns are not the way to life or beneficial karmic results. Say no to guns in the hands of authorities or in the hands of second-class citizens. But when they are in the hands of one, it seems they have to be in the hands of the other. Put the guns down.
- VIDEO: Ted Nugent is a racist, I mean a black guitarist
- VIDEO: Democide is when the state kills off its citizens
- VIDEO: Capitalists propose giving millions of small handguns to Indian women to kill men on buses and elsewhere who "Eve Tease" (sexually harass) them. What could possibly go wrong? It's not as if men and criminals can take or borrow the guns from their sisters, mothers, and daughters to kill, rape, rob, engage in a budding drug trade, or cause general mayhem for corruptible police in a post ahimsa world.
- VIDEO: We have a RIGHT to bare arms! And to bare legs, bare bellies, bare bottoms... so why not let ALL citizens go topless if they want?
- VIDEO: Ex-FBI Agent explains what to do if police abuse you and your rights (Make Yourself Arrest-Proof, Dale Carson)
- VIDEO: Police given right to shoot anyone by claiming they thought the "suspect" was reaching for a waistband. It also works if they shout, as they beat you, "Stop resisting!" Or they could make it all up. How would everyone having a gun to reach for help the situation? Does a citizen have the right to shoot police about to kill him or her when we don't even have the right to have one?
- VIDEO: Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan talks to Alex Jones