|FREE monthly full moon observance, Los Angeles Buddhist Vihara, Pasadena|
|Meditation bowl (dojo-zen-de-paris/flickr)|
- Abstain from injuring or depriving any living being of life (whether human or non-human).
- Abstain from taking what is not given (e.g., stealing, misappropriating, moving things that may cause misunderstandings).
- Abstain from all sexual misconduct and activity. (See comic below).
- Abstain from all false speech (perjury, deceiving others, manipulating others, using hurtful or divisive words, chatter).
- Abstain from using all intoxicating substances, which can lead to carelessness.
- Abstain from eating at inappropriate times (the appropriate time being after sunrise but before noon).
- Abstain from singing, dancing, playing music, attending entertainment performances, wearing perfumes, and using cosmetics or garlands (decorative accessories).
- Abstain from high and luxurious seats and beds and overindulging in sleep.
|Sex? Can I go a whole day without my erotic thoughts, words, actions? Can I even go an hour? Binky finds out the answers to these life questions ("Life in Hell," Matt Groening)|