|What would a wise person do, the Buddha asked, seeing danger here and safety on the further shore? In the Parable of the Raft he advises, build a raft (whatbettertime.org)|
- Officials in the San Gabriel Mountains have called for mandatory evacuations in the Colby Fire area, according to the Glendora PD; water barriers have been erected to protect homes from potential mudslides.
- Azusa officials ordered mandatory evacuations for residents on Ridge View Drive, below the Colby Fire burn area.
- L.A. County Public Works announces road closures.
- Glendora officials offered residents advice on how to prepare for potential mudslides and flooding on the city's website.
- Nat'l Weather Service updated its list of alerts and advisories.
|LA Rain: Full list of advisories|
|The water can only be as clean as the land|
- L.A. RAIN: Billions of gallons of polluted runoff likely to flow into the sacred ocean at Santa Monica Bay (Sadly L.A. gets plenty of rain, usually all at once, but it makes almost not effort to catch it, preferring instead to steal it from the north and neighboring states to the east).
- Glendora's RED ALERT press release with mandatory evacuations:
- Forecast: debris and mud flows
- Storms fuel mudslide anxiety
|Woman survives car crash off canyon|