|"I met some Los Angeles people once. I hated them." The Grumpy Guide to Life (Chronicle Books). See Grumpy Cat live, Monday, Aug. 4, 2014, 6:00 pm, at Kitson, Santa Monica Place, Ste. 120 and Aug. 5, 2014, 6:00 pm in Las Vegas, Nevada (shopkitson.com)|
|L.A. with its own Himalayan foothills (Nat'l Forest) just behind the megalopolis (buzzfeed)|
|Sightings of big cats in our "Central" (Griffith) Park have been confirmed near the Hollywood sign. They are peaceful but not safe for children or crouchers. (Burma Charwoodland/Firstfire53/flickr).|
|"Entering a space of privilege and prejudice"|
|A dozen Southern California fires rage destroying Pendleton military base. Arson, sabotage, Pentagon incompetence, Santa Ana winds? Mother Nature avoiding violence? (scpr.org)|
|Post-Native Los Angeles, Old Mexico|
And there are A LOT of people there, too, distributed in hundreds of communities, living in any number of configurations, speaking hundreds of languages (the L.A. Almanac says 224). More
|After the earthquakes and the toxic petroleum street spill, there were some fires.|
- 10 Things to (Hate) Get Over and Learn in Los Angeles
- California is America's dog bite leader
Don't touch the wild cats! (SMM)
- My breasts are not your art project (or maybe they are)
- Is metal becoming less homophobic?
- Punk Henry Rollins: Totally gay
- What music do Frat Guys like?
- Is Riff Raff a douche nozzle?
- PHOTOS: The mountain lions of L.A. are real!
- Compassion: don't use rodent poisons!
- Obligate carnivores? Cats can be vegan with care
- Are L.A. lions getting weak from inbreeding?
- AUDIO: Killing our native cats with rat poison
- VIDEO: Real Grumpy Cats attacks dog to save boy
|Traveling up Beachwood Canyon to the old Hollywood sign, circa 1932 (weirdca.com)|
|Hollywood sign with 8-ft. long nocturnal predator lurking in the dark (Maya Sugarman)|
|On ridge above the lights of Los Angeles, a male cougar labeled P-22 made his way from the Santa Monica Mountains to Hollywood's Griffith Park -- an island of habitat surrounded by homes and freeways (Steve Winter/National Geographic/scpr.org)|
|Preliminary DNA evidence shows that P-32, one of three cubs recently born in the Santa Monica Mountains of the City of Los Angeles, is inbred (National Park Service/SCPR.org)|
|Not fit for cat food -- massive LA fish die off over the weekend. Rat poison runoff? (LAT)|
|Know why L.A. has so much smog? So the God can't see what we're doing down here.|