|Sacred practices enhance intimacy (in-to-me-see), union with partner (Tantric Yoga).|
|Java, Indonesia's Borobudur is the world's largest Buddhist temple (TrevThompson/flickr)|
|Colorful Muslim girls visit the massive infidel shrine of Indonesia's history (TrevThompson)|
|Next let's visit sexy Gunung Kemukus? Asian Muslim tourists at Borobudur (TrevThompson)|
|Elizabeth Gilbert's salvation|
She had just come back to the U.S. from Hedonistic-Catholic Italy and Hindu-Buddhist India and Bali (Indonesia).
But Islam now dominates the massive island nation. Its remaining traditionally Theravadan Buddhists will gladly tell anyone about it from Southern California (visit: Facebook, DhammaCakraTra.org).
In Indonesia, people seek "salvation" at shrine to anonymous sex
|Housewife Fitri has come up to the mountain for a good Friday night out. She hooked up with Ishlam, who is here to improve the fortunes of his small business (Rebecca Henschke).|
|Sex, okay. Sexual misconduct, not okay.|
When they arrive at the shrine, known as ["the ritual of the hill"] Gunung Kemukus, they offer prayers and flowers at a sacred grave. Then, they find a stranger for anonymous sex.
- Question: Didn't this "sacred [sex work]" happen in ancient Greece? In Corinth, Delphi, in Athens and even Sparta, with The Oracle (the living Goddess Pythia, like the virgin Kumari of Nepal) and the temple priestesses, who were the Greek-version of Geishas called Hetairai? The Old World knew how to live better than our Puritanical shame and guilt about sex allows us to live now in a world saturated with porn.
|Undress Me (Susan Gilman)|
- [These are not the American deodara/Asian devadaru trees, both of which are favored haunts of woodland fairies or dryads called devas in Buddhism and Hinduism, a Sanskrit word (cognate Latin deus, dīvus, Spanish dios, French dieu, Proto-Indo-European deiwos), a term at the root of our English diva, deity, and divinity].
|Siddhartha and deva-like maras under Bo tree|
|Buddhist monastic follows Siddhartha's steps|
- Sacred Buddhist sex? Tantra, Tantric Yoga, Tantric sex, and Tantrikas, (not clothes). Why not dance instead?
- The marvels of Buddhist Sewu Temple, Java
- Tracing the Buddhist path (The Jakarta Post)
- Burmese Buddhists, Muslims brawl in Indonesia
|Echoes of the celestial devis, or Apsaras (Indonesian Bidadari) Angkor Wat (Andreadaddi)|
|Ancient romance on walls|
|I'd do it, I'd totally do it! How much? lol|
|I love both of you; that's why it tears me apart! Borobudur (TrevThompson/flickr.com)|
|Lois, my leather jacket is too tight (Family Guy)|
|Sexy figurines of Borobudur|
|Into me see, see into me. Now it's your turn.|
|The most amazing thing about jungle Borobudur is not its massive size or pyramids, but its many "Time Travel Bells" (stupas, Die Glocke) with Buddhas inside at dawn (TrevThompson).|
CC Liu, Dhr. Seven, Wisdom Quarterly (Wikipedia edit)
|Buddhist monastics on path under a sacred Bodhi tree, Sewu Temple, Indonesia (TJP)|
|Buddhist Borobudur, Indonesia (TrevThompson)|
|From earthquakey Aceh in the west to Papau (not New Guinea) in the east (wiki)|
|Sewu, 2nd only to Borobudur (will-on-board)|