|The "distortions" (vipallasas) can be called the hallucinations, perversions, inversions.|
|Candy eye (lilminx16/deviantart)|
|Saara sees (Arkiharha/weekday-illusion)|
"To regard as 'fulfilling' what is actually disappointing...
"To regard as 'personal' what is actually impersonal (anatta)...
"To regard as 'attractive' what is actually unattractive is the distortion of perception, distortion of mind, distortion of view. These are the four distortions of perception, distortions of mind, distortions of view.
"To regard as 'impersonal' what is actually impersonal...
"To regard as 'unattractive' what is actually unattractive is the non-distortion of perception, non-distortion of mind, non-distortion of view.
|Mara has his eye on us (lilminx16)|
|What is art? (Saara/flickr.com)|
of perception (saññā-vipallāsa)
of consciousness (citta-vipallāsa)
or of views (ditthi-vipallāsa).
- what is impermanent (anicca) as permanent;
- what is painful (dukkha) as pleasant (or happiness-yielding);
- what is without a self (anattā) as a self;
- what is impure (ugly, asubha) as pure or beautiful'' (A.IV.49).
|Ah, is that how I was seeing things?|
By the third path-knowledge (non-returning, anāgāmitā) are eliminated: the distortions of perception and consciousness that the impure is pure.
By the fourth path-knowledge (full-enlightenment, arahatta) are eliminated the distortions of perception and consciousness that the painful is pleasant" (Path of Purification, Vis.M. XXII, 68).
- My cartoon ART is your perception
- Hating China in Vietnam
- U.S. warns China to knock it off
- China blames Vietnam
- Mr. Winslet’s aristocratic ex-wife turns to Hinduism In a move uncannily like the plot of Kate Winslet’s film "Hideous Kinky," her husband Ned Rocknroll’s ex-wife has become fascinated with Hinduism...