|The Buddha was a supremely handsome Central Asian royal with blue eyes, fair/golden complexion, black curly hair, and striking features, from the Solar Dynasty, a warrior-caste "noble" (Aryan or Iranian). See Rhys Davids' Jataka (trans.) with "Story of the Lineage" (MT)|
|Pres. Putin invades Ukraine to illegally annex Crimea and begin rebuilding USSR Empire|
- Celebrating the Buddha's birthday (Vesak) in Russia
- Buddhist Birth-Stories: Jataka (Rhys Davids)
- World-class propaganda Pravda-style: "An American in Crimea: People are pleased with joining Russia"
- [Emperor] Putin marches triumphantly into Crimea today:
Pravda.ru, Real Life Stories
|Venerated in Burma (oRi0n Fabio/flickr.com)|
|Deposed Ukrainian [princess] prime minister|
|Gorgeous Buddha in Asia|
Buddhists far to the West and North
Dhr. Seven, Amber Larson, Wisdom Quarterly (COMMENTARY)
- In another part of Russia, Buddhist Siberia (aka "North Asia") -- which long ago began to follow Buddhism from Central Asia (Gandhara and Afghanistan) arriving on the Silk Road and Vajrayana Buddhism that reached it through Mongolia (when Tibet was the head of a Himalayan empire that brought Buddhism to Bangladesh, formerly "East India," on the southern side of the mountain range where the Ganges river ends, according to Ven. Karunananda, Ph.D. -- some place names reflect a more prominent Buddhist past:
- See Sakha Republic/Yakutia (like Saka, Sakka, Shakya), which is situated next to Magadan Oblast.
- The Magha of the Maga people (like Buddhist Magadha of India in standard histories and the more ancient Vedic "Magadha" Kingdom) is the capital city of Alania, a medieval kingdom in the Greater Caucasus.
- It is usual that emigrants name new cities after old ones in reverence of their history. This is all just teasing at loose and tantalizing threads in the tapestry of history, suggestions rather than any definitve proof.
- The Saka (Shakya) -- of formerly-Buddhist Tajikistan -- were a growing, itinerant, "wandering," spreading, shaman/shramana-favoring Scythian tribe of Iranian (Ariyan) origin
- The Buddha was from Afghanistan (ranajitpal.com), not Nepal's Terai region, as standard history claims, nor East India's Orissa (Odisha) as the government of Orissa attempts to promote.
- The "Great Tribe Footholds or Family-Clan Territories" (Maha Janapadas) do not place the Shakyans, who were the Buddha's family, in ancient "Greater India" (Maha Bharat)
- "Noble" (Aryan, Arya, Ariya) originally derived from the word "Iranian" when parts now listed as part of the "geopolitical Middle East" were still in Central Asia
- Who were the Shakyans (aka Sakyā, Sakka, Sākiyā) from beyond northwest of India? (G.P. Malalasekera, Pali Proper Names)
- Sakka (Sakra, Indra), "King of the 'Gods' (Devas)," formerly the Brahmin Maghavā or Magha of Macala (aka Saint Michael the archangel was the preeminent "god" (deva) of the Buddhists
- VIDEO: Sakka, "St. Michael," Lord of the 33 Sakka (Magha of Macala), King of the near Earth orbit Devas (Devanam-Indo), is the world's most famous celestial/extraterrestrial Buddhist. As Indra, Indo, Maghavant, and "Saint Michael the Archangel" he appears in...
- VIDEO: Catholic Saint Sakka and Saint Buddha
- VIDEO: "Thor": Sakka, King of the Gods
- "Thor" the Nordic version of Sakka/St. Michael Sakka is regarded as partially enlightened, a "stream enterer," in the first stage of awakening yet still the ruler of the Celestial World of the Thirty-Three (Tavatimsa)
- A Saxon gold hoard in England—Its Scythian origins The Greeks also called them Scythians (a name for them used by Paul in ... When the Parthian and Scythian tribes migrated into Europe, the Romans...
- Tomb of Saka/Scythian Princess
- Saka prrincess tomb found in KazakhstanCentral Asia
|Yay, the Buddha's cool and Ukrainian! (FEM)|
|Blue-eyed reclining Buddha, final-nirvana (W)|
It looks like Christ actually lived 3,000 years before his canonical birth and spoke the Coptic language, which is a close language to the ancestors of contemporary Ukrainians,” The Voice of Ukraine wrote. More
- Discuss article on Pravda Forum or here at WQ
- VIDEO: Sea Gypsies of S.E. Asia: Moken (NatGeo)
- US Sec'y of State John Kerry's ignorance in RT blunder unthinkable for Cold War era politician