Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Sheriff's deputies beat reporter, lie about it

Jessica P. Ogilvie (LAist.com, 9/13/20); Ashley Wells, CC Liu, Pfc. Sandoval, Wisdom Quarterly


Reporter Josie Huang's account of her arrest by LA County Sheriff's deputies
KPCC.org/LAist.com reporter Josie Huang was arrested by L.A. County Sheriff's deputies Saturday night while covering the shooting of two deputies in Compton. Here is what happened, in her own words: I was put in the back of a patrol car -- the start of some 5 hours in LASD custody that began with the deputy refusing to uncuff me so I could put my face covering back on, telling me I just had a “scrape” when I was bleeding from my foot and not giving me back a shoe. After my phone drops, it keeps recording and it captures two deputies damaging my phone by kicking and stepping on it. I can hear myself in the background shouting: “You guys are hurting me” and “Stop it.” It feels very out-of-body to play this back. More


Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

No comments: