|You love me? - I'd beat up anybody for you. - Aww, that's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said!|
|When things fall apart? They'll never fall apart, Babe! This is forever. - Sure it is, Dear.|
|It was a mistake. He was badmouthing you, so I punched him in the mouth. I love you so much!|
"Now, when a meditator, quite withdrawn from sensuality, withdrawn from unskillful mental factors, enters and abides in the first meditative absorption (jhana or zen or dhyana) — with rapture and pleasure born of withdrawal, accompanied by applied and sustained attention — then any affection one has that is born of affection does not come up.
[Moreover] "any aversion that is born of affection... any affection that is born of aversion... any aversion that is born of aversion does not come up.
- form to be self, or assumes self possesses form, or form is in self, or self is in form. One assumes
- feeling to be self, or assumes self possesses feeling, or feeling is in self, or self is in feeling. One assumes
- perception to be self, or assumes self possesses perception, or perception is in self, or self is in perception. One assumes
- mental formations [fabrications] to be self, or assumes self possesses formations, or formations are in self, or self is in formations. One assumes
- consciousness to be self, or assumes self possesses consciousness, or consciousness is in self, or self is in consciousness. [These are the Five Aggregates clung to as self.] This is how a meditator pulls in.
|The way of peace and happiness to enlightenment|
|Give me a KISS and watch me flare up.|
|KISS schmiss! I prefer staying cool.|
- See also "Tanha: Craving" (AN 4.199)