|Siddhartha became "the Buddha" under the bodhi tree by awakening to the Truth.|
|We made it ourselves: Kombucha on ice, salad, shiitake-shroom tacos on organic "sliders" (mini corn tortillas) from Whole Foods (Dharma Meditation Initiative/Pasadena Vegan Love)|
|Dharma Meditation Initiative - PasaDharma - UCLA - Disclosure Project - Punx|
|LA was Native, Mexican, then US. Let's eat!|
The Dharma Meditation Initiative is adding a Free Boutique Tea Tasting all on the same day! RSVP (FREE).
- Dharma Meditation Initiative
- Sequoyah School, Rm. 23 @ Neighborhood Church
- 301 N. Orange Grove Bl. (near Colorado Bl.)
- Pasadena, CA 91103
|Special thanks to Ash, owner of Burbank's melateas.com. Check out samples: Mela Teas|
|Healing nature, healing ourselves through tea|
- Delivery/takeout from local Thai My Vegan Restaurant
- Whole vegan-cheese pizza from Whole Foods on nearby Arroyo Parkway (only $7 on Thursdays)
- Vegan Indian or other Asian food or something from Veggie Grill (delivery or takeout)
- Chips: Beanfields' corn-free "corn chips" (made from beans and brown rice) in assorted flavors...
- Salads: baby greens, lettuce, kalamata olives, artichokes, tomatoes, anise, shredded carrots, cucumbers, cilantro...
- Mexican salsas: red, raw, fire braised, green tomatillo, super hot, mild, quirky...
- Guacamole: mash avocados with lemon juice, chopped cilantro, paprika, sea salt, chiles, cubed Persian cucumbers...
- Organic mini sliders (Whole Foods $2) corn tortillas
- Dips: olive, pine nuts, hummus, pinto or red kidney beans...
- Rice: fluffy brown basmati, jasmine, Lundberg's...
- Tacos: potato, green jackfruit, grilled veggies, tofu, crumbled veggie burger mix, greens...
- Fruit: classic trays of pineapple, apple, grapes, mango, strawberries, blue berries, raspberries, peach slices, blackberries, cherries...
- Savory veggies: roasted bell peppers, sauteed 'shrooms, squash
- Desserts: whatever delights, gluten-free cookies, cakes
- Utensils: crushed ice, paper cups, plates
|Vegan pizza (cheese and meat-free) is delicious and compassionate to animals.|
|Braising and grilling veggies brings out delicious flavors for a hearty healthy dish.|
|Salad, Beanfields' spicy nacho chips, guacamole, red salsa, shiitake slider tacos|
|Exotic Sri Lankan and Indian delicacies: dal (split pea coconut), eggplant, rice, naan|
|Yams smothered in lima bean soup, greens, salad (Oh Happy Days)|
|It's "impossible" because it's VEGAN and bleeds beet juice and savory flavor.|
|Assorted Asian vegan dishes: spinach, green beans, dal, rice, cucumber salad...|
|Vegan desserts are sweet and sane, not good for you, but not as bad as common junk.|
|Salad, vegetable curry over yam/sweet potato (Oh Happy Days)|
|"Tea" (Camellia sinensis) it both soothes and stimulates. Ask Buddhist monastics.|
|Mela Teas of Burbank, CA features exquisite herbs and florals from Sri Lanka|