LOS ANGELES, California – Today, Tuesday, award-winning musician Moby will officiate as PETA crowns Los Angeles 2018’s “Most Vegan-Friendly City” in the U.S. during a special reception at his Silverlake bistro Little Pine.
The event will also feature an impressive replica of the Hollywood sign carved entirely out of vegetables by renowned chef Ray Duey.
- When: Tuesday, May 15, 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm
- Where: Little Pine, 2870 Rowena Ave., L.A.
- Contact: Moira Colley (202) 483-7382
|I prefer poetry. - I prefer vegan cookies.|
“What led me to adopt a vegan lifestyle is simply that I love animals and don’t want to contribute to their suffering in any way. Most Angelenos know that you can also help the planet by reducing [our] carbon footprint and lower [our] risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and so many other health issues by eating this way. Vegan eating is really a magic bullet that solves so many of today’s problems in one bite.”
|Compassionate karma makes ppl beautiful|
From upscale fare at celebrity hotspot Crossroads to locally sourced, seasonally crafted dishes at Plant Food + Vine and the all-vegan Cruzer Pizza, there’s something for every foodie in Los Angeles.
The dumplings at Bulan Thai Vegetarian Kitchen and vegan egg-free rolls at Vinh Loi Tofu will satisfy all cravings, and who can resist the vegan chicken and waffles at Flore, the chilaquiles at Sage Bistro, or the vegan sushi at Shojin?
Those with a sweet tooth can indulge at ice cream shop Magpies Softserve or Donut Friend to build their own vegan doughnuts.
|Thanks for your kindness, human!|
- WATCH: Moby dishes about his new vegan restaurant (2015)
- Vegan in LA: Places that'll keep diners coming back
- Exclusive: Moby chats with PETA about vegan inspiration
- VIDEO: Moby talks about his new vegan restaurant
- This is the most vegan-friendly city in the world
|People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (peta.org)|
- In their own words: Fashion designers explain why...
VIDEO: Tiger pacing in cage at Miami high school...
- PETA names the Top 10 vegan-friendly cities of 20...
- Vegan runner runs Boston Marathon barefoot for...
- Here’s why the story of the ice cream eating...
- View more
- Abused Grand Canyon horse is safe, but others need...
- Urge State Fair group to drop cruel elephant rides...
- Tell Farfetch to stop selling the fur of tormented...
- Bears and elephants don’t want to perform for...
- Let's tell Macy's: End fur sales!
- See all ALERTS