|Serial scandal survivor (unitednationsoffilm)|
|Coach: serial child molester, rapist (Times)|
A movie (The Invisible War) came out about rape in the military mostly committed by serial rapists who prefer men and seem immune from any meaningful consequences. Soldiers violate their camaraderie and fraternal brotherhood by violating fellow soldiers, male and female, then go on to rape and murder civilians abroad. They may even come home to molest children and other men or women here. Or maybe they contribute to the growing rate of veteran suicides (averaging 18 a day, 500+ a month), a casualty rate higher than that brought about by combat.
|Jury deliberates on the fate of trusted official who sexually abused kids (kshb.com).|
- Catholic aide guilty of child endangerment A Catholic official was convicted of child endangerment but acquitted of conspiracy in the handling of sex abuse cases.
- RELIGION: Pennsylvania priest jailed in sex abuse case
- Trial revives Catholic Church sex abuse crisis
- Feds accuse polygamous towns of religious discrimination
RELIGION: Separating fact, fiction in Vatican leaks casePublication of confidential documents has left center of Roman Catholic Church in turmoil.
FAITH & REASON: Nuns to Vatican: "Mutual trust" is missing
Justice Department sues polygamous towns
An attorney for law enforcement in two polygamous towns along the Utah-Arizona border says the department is suing both communities.
- Catholic leaders launch two weeks of nationwide teaching, preaching and public events to press their fight against federal mandates.
- RELIGION: Museum of Biblical Art raises profile amid challengesFuture of renowned New York City museum looks less certain as founding director prepares to steps down.
FAITH & REASON: Islam's view on dying, death and Mubarak's comaIslamic and Jewish bioethics are similar: In cases like Hosni Mubarak, Ariel Sharon, choose life but don't prolong dying.
FAITH & REASON: Fred Luter elected Southern Baptists' first black president
The Rev. Fred Luter was elected as the first African-American president of the Southern Baptist Convention.
FAITH & REASON: Rubio: Gay marriage is "about what society should tolerate"The short-list vice presidential candidate tells Christianity Today that the gay marriage debate is "about what society should tolerate."
RELIGION: Churches of Christ aim to mend longstanding racial divides
- RELIGION: Vatican official blames media -- and the devil