Monday, May 18, 2020

Top of the Pops: Love Songs I Love (video)

Ashley Wells, Seth Auberon, CC Liu, Wisdom Quarterly; Powfu; Benee; Ashe; Demi; Pirate, Dua


Powfu - "death bed (coffee for your head)" ft. beabadoobee
(Powfu, April 1, 2020) With 50 million views, P says: "Thank u to every single person that used this song in a YouTube video or tiktok or just shared it with your friends. I had a lot of fun filming this video! Love is all we need ❤ - Powfu"

Dead Beatle Paul McCartney when he had Wings sang a silly song about love asking, What's wrong with filling the world with silly love songs? It's all been done and said too many times over, except some artists still get it right, adding a novel twist. (Every Gal is now a Billie Pirate Eilish. And doesn't Gus look just like Powfu?)



BENEE - "Supalonely" ft. Gus Dapperton
(Feb. 4, 20202) B is coming up on 53 million views for this Cardigans' type song with Eilish (Die Antwoord) style dancing made with the support of NZ ON AIR. Download at BENEE.lnk.to/STELLASTEVEYD, and follow on instagram.com/beneemusic.



Ashe - "Moral of the Story"
(Feb. 13, 2019) Ashe ("The Rabbit Hole" EP) likes Spotify, and Spot' likes her, though only half as much as the others. What's the Moral of the Story? Who knows! Website.

Now this is not Billie, but you wouldn't be blamed for thinking so. Super award-winning producer Finneas, Billie's brother, created Ashe, too, or at least brought the best out of both of them. Then there's suicidal superstar making a comeback with the best sort of love song:



Demi - "I Love Me"* (March 4th, 2020) But, y'know, Lovato, "empowerment" doesn't mean literal fighting, even if the arse you're kickin' is attached to your own bum.



Billie Eilish "everything i wanted" says, "If I knew it all then, would I do it again, would I do it again? [Samsara?] If they knew what they said would go straight to my head, what would they say instead?" It's hard being famous at 17.

*LYRICS: "I Love Me" Flipping through all of these magazines/ Telling me who I’m supposed to be/ Way too good at camouflage/ Can’t see what I am,/ I just see what I’m not/ I’m guilty ‘bout everything that I eat (every single thing)/ Feeling myself is a felony/ Jedi level sabotage/ Voices in my head make up my entourage//

CHORUS: Cause I’m a black belt when I’m beating up on myself/ But I’m an expert at giving love to somebody else/ I – me and myself and/ I – don’t see eye to/ Eye – me and myself and/ I –// Oh, why do I compare myself to everyone/ And I always got my finger on the self destruct/ I wonder when I love me is enough (yeah, yeah, yeah)/ I wonder when I love me is enough (yeah, yeah, yeah)//

Why am I always looking for a ride or die/ Cause mine’s the only heart I’m gonna have for life/ After all the times I went and f*cked it up (all the times I went and fucked it up)/ I wonder when I love me is enough (yeah, yeah, yeah)// Yeah, yeah/ Yeah, yeah/ Yeah, yeah/ Yeah, yeah/ I wonder when I love me is enough/ I wonder when I love me is enough//

Haters that live on the internet/ Live in my head, should be paying rent/ I’m way too good at listening/ All these comments f*cking up my energy/ Cause I’m a black belt when I’m beating up on myself... (CHORUS)//

Oh, why do I compare myself to everyone/ And I always got my finger on the self destruct/ I wonder when I love me is enough (yeah, yeah, yeah)/ I wonder when I love me is enough (yeah, yeah, yeah)//

Why am I always looking for a ride or die/ Cause mine’s the only heart I’m gonna have for life/ After all the times I went and f*cked it up (all the times I went and f*cked it up)/ I wonder when I love me is enough (yeah, yeah, yeah)/ Yeah, yeah.../ I wonder when I love me is enough... //

I’m my own worst critic/ Talk a whole lot of sh*t/ But I’m a ten out of ten/ Even when I forget/ I-I-I-I (I’m a ten out of ten, don't you ever forget it)// I’m my own worst critic/ Talk a whole lot of sh*t/ But I’m a ten out of ten/ Even when I forget/ I-I-I-I// Yeah, yeah... (I Love Me © 2020 Island Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.)

(Dua Lipa) "Another One Bites the Dust" (a.k.a. "Break My Heart")

No comments: