Snowden would not be allowed to confront his accusers or testify in front of a jury. Instead, he would be put through a closed military tribunal, locked up with no detailed press coverage. Snowden also discusses war hawk Hillary Clinton and loose canon Donald Trump.
- "Slickest con man out of NYC": Donald Trump set to be GOP nominee despite links to organized crime
- Asia's Donald Trump Duterte rises to power in Philippines
- Ralph Nader: Bernie Sanders should stay in race; Clinton is only winning due to anti-Democratic system
- VIDEO: Amy comes alive on HBO's Bill Maher
Prison guards at the Dade Correctional Institution in Florida subject mentally ill prisoners to vicious beatings, scalding showers, and severe food deprivation.
|Restrained, drugged (loonylabs.org)|
The situation is particularly extreme in Florida, which spends less money per capita on mental health than any state with the exception of Idaho.
- New film exposes Mark DeFriest's shocking ordeal behind bars
- No apologies: Obama to make history with Hiroshima visit (as US builds up its nuclear arsenal)
- #BernieOrBust: Sanders fans will or won't vote for Clinton?
- Brazil's leftist Pres. Dilma Rousseff won't be impeached
- "Trump of the Philippines" record not as extreme as talk
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte is Asia's Donald Trump (NY Times)