May 1st General Strike
Ruth Fowler, Occupy Los Angeles.org
M1GS? Caravans? 4 winds? There's so much happening! How do I get involved? Student debt, no job, no car, what's the point? Yeah, we hear it all. So here's your handy 101 guide to getting involved, complete with links: #M1GS stands for May 1st General Strike. Occupy LA called for a General Strike back in November. It was approved by the GA. And all the other Occupations took up the call, along with unions in contract disputes, unions not in contract disputes who want to participate without going against Taft-Hartley, The Black Riders, The Brown Berets, and other radical left organizations in and around LA. How are we going to have a General Strike if folks can't "officially" strike? By calling in sick to work. By school walk outs. And by disrupting the flow of Capital on Mayday... More
- Is 99% Spring a Corporate Co-Opting of Occupy Wall St? Is this a rejuvenation of Occupy Wall Street or a false flag PsyOp aimed at absorbing OWS into the elite-controlled, false-choice...
- 99 Percent Spring: Occupy-style tactics, MoveOn, Labor
- Did MoveOn rip off Occupy? - MoveOn.org - Salon.com
- WASHINGTON - Boot camp is about to begin. On Monday and extending throughout this week, a coalition of progressive organizations from...
- Forum Post: A Quick Look at 99% Spring (#OWS)
- Occupy Tax Dodgers, 99% Spring, #Whatever protests
- 99% Spring: In the Trenches (Addicting Info)
- How Occupy Co-Opted MoveOn.org (Mother Jones)
- What is the 99% Spring? Occupy Foreclosures