"It is an absurd contradiction to speak of peace, to negotiate peace, and at the same time promote or permit the global arms trade.
"Is this war or that war really a war to solve problems? Or is it a commercial war for selling weapons in illegal trade and so that the merchants of death can get rich?” — Pope Francis
|We have a revolution?|
Who cares about guns in the hands of a few when we are putting weapons of war in the hands of the many? We pay taxes for it, vote for it, and suffer for it.
Divesting or pulling out of the business of war, rejecting the "war machine," means no longer investing our money in companies that make a killing on killing.
Divest from War campaign will:
- Empower individuals, institutions, and communities to change their investments and support peace and sustainability
- Instead of war, death, and destruction we want life, health, and sustainability
- Highlight how the war machine is in our streets and in our communities impacting us all
- Expose how the war machine is taking precious resources away from good programs
- Industries that support us, from education to housing to the environment, that are being deprived
- Amplify the cost of war at home and abroad.
|Making peace makes more sense than war.|
It results in death, maiming, PTSD, moral injury, poverty, and environmental destruction.
|Killing by Remote Control|
Let's stand up to military men, corporations, and bankers who are holding us hostage.