|Gosh, Billy, I don't know what happened. Crazy stock prices! - Feels good, doesn't it, Jeff?|
|Reptilian lunch: Dinosaurs eat dinosaurs|
Who's the richest man in the world? No, not Mexican cellphone tycoon Carlos Slim. He fell off the top of the charts a while back.
No, not Russian gangster-dictator Vlad Putin, who is an all-around nice guy strongman defending his nation against NATO. His many billions have yet to be taken out of the country to wait for him on a nice tropical-style island in Sochi; he just has to stay out of Russian prison long enough to enjoy his ill-gotten gains.
No, not that woman who ran for office that time, former Hewlett-Packard heiress, and not that Heinz fortune magnate who married almost-US President John Kerry.
And, no, not even the Carlyle Group's George Bush or his family members. Not even the Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett, and not that fat WalMart family with all their stock.
No, we're talking about multi-billionaire Jeff Bezos (a.k.a. Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen), the owner of the Amazon.com fortune and new owner of Whole Foods Market. In one day this month, a mere 24 hours, he ended up with almost US$3 billion dollar more than the previous day. How? Amazon stock.
- CBS: World's richest man got $2.8B richer in one day
- USA Today: Jeff Bezos is now the richest of all time
Wisdom Quarterly: let's edit his Wiki page
|Yeah, so what? WTF? It's a "free" country.|
The magazine says the latest Bezos pot of gold was the result of a 2.5 percent rise in the Amazon stock price...
Amazon.com began as an Internet merchant of books and expanded to a wide variety of products and services, most recently video and audio streaming. It is currently the world's largest Internet sales online company, as well as the world's largest provider of cloud infrastructure services via its Amazon Web Services arm.
Bezos diversified his business interests when he founded aerospace company Blue Origin in 2000 (his own personal SpaceX because why should billionaire Elon Musk be the only one to get off the planet at a moment's notice?) Blue Origin started test flights to space in 2015 and plans for commercial suborbital human spaceflight beginning in 2018.
|What do Bezos & Musk know?|
Bezos also has a number of other business investments that are managed through Bezos Expeditions.
On July 27, 2017, he briefly became the world's wealthiest person when he accumulated an estimated net worth of just over $90 billion.
His wealth surpassed $100 billion for the first time on November 24 after Amazon's share price increased by more than 2.5%.
He was formally designated the wealthiest person in the world on March 6, 2018 with a registered net worth of $112 billion by Forbes, becoming the first centi-billionaire.
As of March 21, 2018, he has an estimated net worth of $130.8 billion, and is contended to be on track to become the wealthiest person in contemporary history. More
Jeff Bezos in the news
- World's richest person just got a lot richer: Amazon (Newsweek.com) Jeff Bezos is worth $116bn but could become the world's first TRILLIONAIRE within four years if his fortune continues growing at its current rate.
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos: Son of a teen mom to a $105 billion fortune (CNBC) Bezos' wealth peaked as Amazon stock prices have climbed on the back of strong holiday shopping performance.
- Some have called Bezos "the richest man in history," but according to CNBC's Robert Frank, Russian President Vladimir Putin is likely richer (with no way to track his wealth).
- Jeff Bezos is the richest person ever: What's his net worth? (Time.com) Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, already the richest person on the planet, got an extra notch in his belt this week with the release of Forbes' 2018 Billionaires List. With a net worth of $112 billion, Bezos surpassed Microsoft founder Bill Gates, the longtime leader on the list...
- Jeff Bezos: Where the $106 billion man belongs on the all-time rich list... (TheGuardian.com) Jeff Bezos's Amazon accounted for 89% of online Christmas trading at big US retailers and he is now worth $106bn.
- Amazon's Bezos is rich but not the richest yet (The National.ae) The shares of Amazon ended 2017 with a rise of 52.8 per cent, taking its market value to US$571 billion and the fortune of Jeff Bezos, its founder and chairman, through the $100bn mark. That means he made $33bn, or over $600 million a week, in 2018 alone and now ranks number one on the Bloomberg.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos now richest person in history: 2018 (CNN) Bill Gates in the late '90s was also richer than Bezos is now, in inflation-adjusted terms. His net worth was briefly above $100 billion in April 1999, when the Internet stock bubble helped to inflate the value of his holdings, according to Forbes. Adjusted for inflation, $100 billion in 1999 would be worth $148 billion...
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos is now the richest of all time (USA Today) Some speculate that Bezos is now the richest of all time but there are several ways to look at the measure. Depending on the criteria, he may not be.
- World's richest man gets richer, Amazon's Jeff Bezos... (IndiaTimes.com, Nov. 26, 2017) Jeff Bezos's net worth has now risen to $100 billion.
- Jeff Bezos is $6.6 billion richer after Amazon's earnings (Bloomberg.com, Oct. 26, 2017) Jeff Bezos is on track to become the richest person on the planet.