(NOVA with Robert Krulwich) "The Little People of Flores" - The best thing about the "Hobbits" [Buddhist kumbandhas, Spanish duendes] of Indonesia is that they still exist! Guest: Dr. Jared Diamond (UCLA).
Kumbhandās are a class of beings (gnomes) in Buddhist cosmology classified with yakkhas (ogres, yetis), rakkhasas (demons, killer yetis), asuras (titans, giants), and others. Virūlha is the regent sky-king overseeing them. They have large bellies (kumbhanda=gourd), and their genitals are also large like pots (kumbho viya), which is how they get their name (D.iii.198; DA.iii.964).
|Among the hominin fossils found at the Mata Menge site on the Indonesian island of Flores was part of a lower jaw (Kinez Riza/Nature).|
|Modern ape C. Joyce|
|Hobbit: human or ape? (Kinaz Riza/Nature)|
- The Hobbits of Flores, Homo Floresiensis were more like humans than originally thought
- Tiny Humans: Finding Hobbits in Flores (Tohari Achmad) The answer might lie at the end of a trail of bones going back nearly 2 million years. Homo erectus, an ancestor described as...
|This aerial image taken in October 2015 shows the Mata Menge site on Flores where bones dating back 700,000 years were found (Kinez Riza/Nature).|
- VIDEO: Giants with double-rowed teeth, flattened heads, six fingers
- 3,000 CIA-trained Afghan assassins in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Buddhist Yakutia: The coldest place on Earth (RT)
- News hiding "Black Eyed Children" story - BUSTED!
- The Secret of Vril - shocking stuff - lizard people - clones - mind blowing technology from Atlantis (John Lockett)
- Prison documentary: lock down for sex offenders