A Midsummer Night's Dream, an intoxicating joyride of a play, perhaps Shakespeare's best, certainly his most accessible. Otherworldly creatures (Puck and faeries), sexy lovers on the run, love potion, and a group of ridiculous actors all converge in a deep forest outside of Athens, Greece. When their worlds collide, chaos ensues and nothing but magic has the power to set things right before the sun comes up. (Begins June 30. Plays in rep with Titus Andronicus through September 2).
- Independent Shakespeare Co., L.A.
- The Old Zoo, Griffith Park, L.A., near the Autry
- Free parking (downloadable parking map)
- Look for the hot pink signs directing audience to parking lots near Griffith Merry-Go-Round. Parking Lot 2 is the closest to the performance stage. Downloadable directions
- All summer performances are FREE! Donations gratefully accepted.
- No reservations required.
- Bring beach chairs (legs 3"), picnics, blankets