- Gates pushed out of Pentagon, replaced with CIA chief
- CIA chief Panetta becomes new US Secretary of War
- Afghan war chief Patraeus confirmed as new head of CIA
Robert Gates, Secretary of War, before presidential award and passing the job off to CIA head (csmonitor.com)
More shocking and less well known is the sad truth that even as low paid PTSD-suffering "soldiers" are withdrawn, "private contractors" are sent in. There are more boots on the ground and more entering all the time.
The same happened -- thanks to Halliburton and Blackwater and Xe and other private-corporate armies -- in Iraq. Paid mercenaries do more and cost much more than regular military service personnel.
- Senate unanimously confirms Panetta as US warlord
- Senate confirms David Petraeus as CIA director
- Why was Petraeus sent to CIA, not Pentagon?
- Amazon stops hosting WikiLeaks website
- Congress denies war authorization, keeps funding
- A world overwhelmed by Western hypocrisy
- While Libyan War, Obama team denies it's a "war"
We argue and worry about gay marriage, gay soldiers, Washington sex scandals. Meanwhile, ultra-violence plays out all over the world sponsored by US taxpayers and secret sources of money (like the lucrative illegal drug trade):
- Libya (an illegal war, but Obama doesn't mind that)
- Pakistan (those drones have to prove they were worth it)
- Iraq (the forgotten war)
- secret conflicts (in China, space, Saudi Arabia, Africa, Bahrain, and who can forget the war on our homeland) plus the
- United States' longest running war ever, Afghanistan.